CIVIC ENGAGEMENT WEEK!!
Civic Engagement Week dates:
3/20/18 - 3/23/18: Activities during lunch!
3/22/18 and 3/23/18: Guest speakers!
WHAT IS CIVIC ENGAGEMENT WEEK (CEW)???
Civic engagement week is a week to spread awareness of civic duties in the US today. We will work with political and societal figures to promote diversity and civic engagement across all fronts in society.
Tuesday 3/20: Know Your Voice
Wednesday 3/21:Know Your Rights
- ACLU KYR Presentations in history classes
- KYR Booth
Thursday 3/22: Know Your Government
- Town hall with board Rep Dave
- MVHS activism group
Friday 3/23: Know Your Power
- US military booths
- School clubs (Key Club, LSU, BSU)
- Democratic Party
- Mayor Leonard Siegel (MV): 8:10am - 8:55 am
- District Attorney Jeff Rosen: 8:10 am - 9:00 am
- Assemblyman Marc Berman: 9:05 am -10:00 am
- Congresswoman Anna Eshoo: 10:15 am - 11:05 am
- Soulforce: 12:50 am - 1:40 pm
If you have any questions, contact Deshan Yapabandara (email@example.com).